Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Heart is Full.

My heart is so full right now.  After just one session of General Conference, my whole life has been shifted.  Last week, I posted a "I finally know post".  Well friends, this just shows that God has an Eternal plan for us and just when we think we've got our life planned out, he surprises us! :)  I am so grateful for the revelation given in General Conference.    My life is just about to switch gears.  For those who missed it, President Monson said that worthy young men may now serve LDS Missions at age 18, and young women at 19!  That means, my friends, I can serve a mission now!  Not, in 2 more years, not when I'm old with my husband, NOW! :)  I am eternally grateful for this revelation.

I have had a feeling for quite a long time now to get my Associates Degree.  I'm not graduating, I just felt like I should get it.  I reasoned with myself and decided it was probably so if there was ever an Emergency in my family, I could leave and take care of my brothers and sister without losing my credits.  I applied for my Associates Degree earlier this week and paid my fee.  I will be receiving it on Dec. 5th.  I am soo happy.  I am even more happy because now I know I didn't just apply for my degree for no reason.  I applied for it because I am going on a mission!  I am soo happy! 

Some other main points from General Conference I loved: 
- My testimony is my most precious possession.
- If you have faith, you will have trials of faith, and then your faith will be increased.
- We are all under the Savior's command to love and care for each other.
- It is our sacred duty to do our very best.
- In my morning prayers, I need to ask Heavenly Father to guide me to serve one of his children. 
- I need to come unto Christ and offer my whole soul to him. 
- God is mindful of us and will NEVER forsake us.
- As we prepare to meet God, we win a much more important race than the race of the world. 
- I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, I LOVE IT!
- Knowledge is the power of God unto Salvation.
- Every aspect of the temple is exquisite.
- We determine our happiness.
- This life is a step in the journey to meet Heavenly Father.
- Serve with a sole hope of making life better for others.
- I  need to put everything on hold for my deep desire to serve the Lord.
- Love every sunrise that's given to us.
- Spend more time with those we love.
- Seek to be edified, sanctified, and instructed.
- and Many, Many more things.

I am so grateful for modern day revelation. I know, with all my heart, that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true.  There is nothing I want more than to share my love of this Gospel with others who don't know of this truth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment