I was sitting at my desk at work and thinking about my availability date. I was thinking, "you know what, maybe I do want to make it sooner, maybe I do want to leave as soon as I possibly can." I opened up my email and this quote was what I got from Youth Gems today:
"The decision to serve a mission will shape the spiritual destiny of the missionary, his or her spouse, and their posterity for generations to come. A desire to serve is a natural outcome of one’s conversion, worthiness, and preparation."
—Russell M. NelsonI do have a desire to serve, I am so excited to serve a mission! I am so thankful for my great Bishop, Mission Prep group, and friends who are helping me progress and become even more excited and worthy to serve a mission! I seriously can not wait! I know with my whole heart that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the restored gospel, and IT IS TRUE.
Sidenote: One of the things I've become more focused on in my life is music. Recently, I have only been listening to my Pandora LDS Hymns of Worship channel. It is full of hymns and simply inspirational music. I've noticed in my life that things have gone much smoother and I've had a much clearer mind because of my choice of music. I never realized that music has such a huge effect on my life. Take a listen kids, you'll love it. It'll take a while to get used to not hearing popular "radio" songs, but it's worth it. Seriously.
To the side of that sidenote: This weekend is Fall Break. I'm leaving tomorrow! I can not wait!! I am soo excited to see my family. In President Dieter F. Uchdorf's talk in conference, he talked about how we need to spend more time with the people we love. This semester, before conference, I was distant from my family. Not because I wanted to be, but I just didn't have time to talk to them a lot and I prioritized other things before them. HUGE MISTAKE. My family is incredible. Seriously. I always knew that, but I have been realizing it more and more as I prepare for my mission. I look up to my parents and my siblings soo much. They have no idea how much they have impacted my life. I love them so so so very much.
To the side of the side of that other sidenote: ROOMIES. I've got the best ones out there. You may want to argue, but mine will always win. HANDS DOWN. They're phenomenal! My roommates have always supported me in my decisions and now they're supporting me more than ever. I love each of them so much. Every girl in our house is so unique and awesome. They have become my best friends. I love them more and more each day. We have so much fun together and I love the atmosphere and Spirit I can feel at our home. Home is where the heart is and there is definitely a lot of heart in our home! My roommates can read me like a book. I love that. They always know what to say and when to say it. I love them dearly and I will definitely miss them when I leave on a mission! But roomies, looky here, I'll be home sooner rather than later. Think of our past year and a half together! It blew by! We'll be reunited quicker than you can imagine! Don't worry about me. I'll be in the right place doing what God wants me to do. My love for you guys will never decrease. Just remember that! Okay? Good!
No comments:
Post a Comment