Sunday, July 29, 2012

The.Ward.Full.Of.Singles.

Oh the Singles' Ward.  
Need I say more? 
Probably not, but contrary to popular demand... I will continue.  

The Singles' Ward is full of many interesting, diverse, sweet, somewhat scary, people.  
Don't get me wrong, I love going to church.  It is a great time.  I simply meet very interesting people at Singles' Ward.  

Today this sweet guy [man? yes man.] came and sat by me.  I'll keep his name anonymous...just in case he, or someone he knows, stumbles along my blog.  I wouldn't want him to be revealed!  

He was quite entertaining and kept me smiling during Sacrament meeting.  A goofy guy, yet seriously intelligent.  Quite a catch, I'd say.  In my ward Sacrament is last, so after Sacrament we moseyed our way over to Munch and Mingle.  During our conversation at Munch and Mingle we somehow got on the topic of our ages....

I was sitting next to my superb friend Julie who I grew up going to church with.  She's 4 years older than me, but she took me under her wing in young womens and now we've become great buddies!  

He asked Julie and I if we had grown up together and gone to school together.  We laughed and said that she was older than me.  He seemed somewhat shocked, so we told him to guess our ages.  He guessed Julie 23, and me 21.  For some reason, I must've seriously fooled this man!  I told him I was only 18 [almost 19] and he seemed blown away.  Then, we asked him his age.  He told us to guess, so I guessed 24 and Julie guessed 27.  WRONG.  He was 30 [almost 31]!  Wow oh wow.  Then it just got awkward.  He asked me if it would be weird if he continued flirting with me because he was 12 years older than me.  Yeah dude.  Weird.  He then told me that his grandparents were 12 years apart and it was somewhat normal.  Psh. Whatever! He is the exact same in age difference to my mom as he is to me. 

Oh the places you'll go.
Oh the people you'll meet.
You won't always know.
Until they kneel at your feet.  
That you're a young child.
And they want marriage.  
You're still wild.
And they soon want a baby carriage.  

And that new poem that I made up (thanks to Dr. Seuss for the first line) describes my experiences in the Singles' Ward.  

Yay for being 18 [almost 19] and single!

I am: 
-Dani
-A lover of Lake Powell
-A girl who paints her nails mint green and teal
-A girl who loves the color aqua
-Still a kid at heart! :)


P.S. Random Thought.
Can we talk about how awkward this is?  At orientation, I am the assigned photo booth girl.  At the photo booth, I have whiteboards that the students can write on and take pictures with.  This kid told me I couldn't see his board, but he wanted me to be in his picture.  I assumed that he was just being silly....  I jumped in his picture, and then this is what I saw when it was finally put up online.  


Please.  Oh Please.  Tell me that arrow is not purposely pointing to my boobs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment