Saturday, September 15, 2012

Reality.Check.

Tonight was the best Friday night I have had in a very, very long time.  It could've been spent out at a party or doing something crazy, but instead it was spent in my apartment with my six favorite people, plus one Priesthood holder.  We had never planned on staying in and being overcome with the feeling of the Holy Spirit, but sometimes Heavenly Father has much larger and more important plans than we do.  

Long story short, a couple of my friends received blessings and then the Priesthood holder asked if anyone else wanted one.  I had no idea that I would ask for a blessing, but I realized I hadn't had a Father's blessing before I left for school, so it wouldn't hurt.  Immediately after I asked for the blessing, tears welled up in my eyes and began to pour down my face.  I'm not typically a crier, but I think that when the Spirit's got to tell me something, my eyes get sweaty.   

During my blessing, I told so many things that I had no idea I needed to hear.  My eyes were opened and I was reminded of what was truly important in my day to day life.  I was reminded of the incredible, immense power of the Spirit and of the Priesthood.  I was overwhelmed with a feeling of pure truth, so even if I wanted(I did not want to, but scenario wise..) to deny something that was being said, there is no way I would've been able to. 

Before the Priesthood holder gave blessings, he testified of the power of the Priesthood and being able to give blessings.  He reminded us that the gift Priesthood holders have to give blessings is typically not utilized enough.  

I know that God is real, and he is there.  I know Jesus Christ sacrificed for my sins and felt all of the pains, sadness, joys, and happiness I feel.  I know Christ can walk by me everyday if I choose to be worthy.  I know the blessings which were given were not the Priesthood holder's words from his brain, but direct revelation from heaven.  I know Heavenly Father is simply waiting for us to humble ourselves and come unto him.  I know one way I can do that is by receiving Priesthood blessings.  I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the gospel and the immense feeling of truth I felt during my blessing.  I know Heavenly Father is looking out for me and everyone else in his eternal plan daily.  I know that there is an eternal plan for everyone.  I am very blessed to have the people in my eternal plan that Heavenly Father has introduced me to.  I can not wait for the day when Christ and Heavenly Father both hold out their arms for me to hug them.  The gospel of the Jesus Christ is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment